The Milton Society of America seeks panels and papers for our sessions at the annual meeting of the Renaissance Society of America. As an Associate Organization, the MSA may submit up to four guaranteed sessions.
Philadelphia will be the site of the Milton Society’s 2020 annual dinner, which moves to RSA on a three-year trial basis. Details will be announced late this year.
Proposals covering any aspect of Milton studies will be given full consideration, but especially desirable are those considering Milton’s writings alongside these topics:
- media change
- ends of history
- the nation in world order
Panels must be organized by a current member of the MSA. Required are the following:
- a session title of no more than 15 words;
- a 1-2 page description of the panel;
- an abstract of 1-2 pages for each of its papers;
- a 150-word version of each paper abstract;
- a list of audio-visual requests, if any, and session keywords; and
- 300-word curricula vitae for the panel organizer and presenters, including full names, institutional affiliations, and email addresses.
Papers may be submitted by both members and non-members of the MSA. Required are the following:
- an abstract of 1-2 pages
- a condensed abstract of 150 words;
- a title of no more than fifteen words;
- audio-visual requirements, if any, and a list of keywords; and
- a 300-word curriculum vitae.
Please send all materials to current president John Rumrich and secretary Feisal Mohamed via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). The deadline for submissions is 31 July 2019. All participants in the Philadelphia conference must be members of the Renaissance Society of America.